Sunday, July 1, 2012

Wild Thing

Quick project:


A friend of mine has recently re-done her daughter's room. There is now white cottage style furniture, purple accents, and the fabulously girly: ZEBRA print. Not having daughters of my own, I was excited to do a more whimsical piece to add the girls room.

A sturdy antique chair. (that still had horse hair as the seats cushion) was a perfect addition to the little girl's vanity. Of course the chair has never seen such wild days, as I upholstered it with the Zebra fabric.








Little projects like these always feel so fun and fulfilling. So easy to do. If you have a chair in your house that doesn't really match, but adds extra seating.. paint it! It is a great way to add a fun color and jazz up a room.
Now that this little project is completed I have to set aside all my distractions. I am now working on a French Provencal style bedroom set. This set includes a dresser, full size bed, book shelf, and a night stand.  I am still trying hard to decide.. shall I go black with a brown distressed? Think french farm house. Or the more classic white?

Stay tuned and you will find out soon enough. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment